Archive for September, 2011
Do you have your own cat? Do you regularly keep him/her clean? So, here are some tips on how to maintain its cleanliness.
Cats are given importance for the companionship that they give to humans and its talent to look for pests in the house. We need to give back from what these cute little creatures give us; we need to keep them clean and healthy. Although it is known widely that cats are very best with the word “cleanliness.” Sometimes they cannot properly clean themselves or spotless, there are some parts that needed to be attended like eyes, ears, mouse, teeth, gums and some other more. What are the things we should preferably do?
1. Clean the cat’s eyes. Cats have exceptional vision especially in the nighttime, if compared to human their vision is way over fives times from us. For these purposes, freshen up their vision by giving them some clean up on these areas, you can use damp cloth for that. If you observe some injuries or infections, consult your veterinarian.
2. Comb you cat’s hair. It is very helpful to brush its hair because it could rumble up and it would be difficult at times like its rear where hairballs may form there. If needed, you can shave or cut its hair.
3. By cleaning your cat’s ears, please do not use cotton buds for it is not advisable to do. They also have extraordinary hearing because they can hear ultrasonic sounds created by other animals and helps them a lot with hunting. As you can see, it is also required to maintain hygiene in this part.
4. Brush its teeth. You can ask your veterinarian on procedures and things needed for this task. Diseases from this area can cause severe complications.
5. Lastly, there are external factors that may affect you and your cat. For example are worms and fleas, this may carry disease along your kids for they are closer to these pets.
If you find some extreme odor or injuries in your cats, you can ask your veterinarian and have a check up for your pet. To keep them healthy and strong, regularly clean them and take care of them.
These are some run through tips that are very important in keeping your cats clean and not messy. This is not just helping them but also helping you to maintain sanitation around your house especially with your kids.